Quarantine update - Introducing the SexHuntress !

I hope everybody is safe here.

I've been working a lot these past months. As I have completely stopped responding to messages, emails and other social medias issues I've been able to focus on my Thorus comic everyday.

It's gonna take some months, maybe years before I release the first issue though.

I'm still in the process of writing the story for the first arc. It's a comic with several 24 pages issues so the story should have a certain logic, characterization, plot twist ect...

 I've been drawing the storyboard for several issue, but I won't enter the inking & coloring stage before completing storyboarding the whole arc (that's 200+ pages so far..).

Because I'm doing some storyboarding I haven't been able to work on my coloring and inking skill lately. That's why sometime I allow myself to color a bit a page..





For the first arc I've decided to follow the story I wrote and drew 20 years ago, starting with the first comic "the barbarian" untill the last issue "In the pit of Hell".

It's less dark than the follwing arc I guess, because Hell is no joke haha.

Although I should actually use the Hell story for the third arc. For the second arc I plan to use as main opponent the Mighty Sex Huntress.










She looks quite like the studhuntress as you may guess..
At first I actually planned to use the Studhuntress in my Thorus comic, but when Slutwriter started to write about her, I stopped working on her. I'm the type of person who need to have 100% creative control over a character.  My character Sex Huntress is very much based on the IG model Lindi E Nunziato. I must confess I'm quite fascinated by her physic.

Actually, for every character in my Thorus universe I use one specific model as a muse. This helps differentiate each character's face. Well I must admit the Sex Huntress doesn't really look like Lindi Nunziato though, but that's ok. The point is not to just copy the face. Just having photo references of her face and body while drawing the character set me in the right mood.

I'm doing some character design everyday, so I have a LOT of characters already available. Too much for the first arc. But I really love designing characters.


It doesn't feel good to ignore my friends and my fans. That's not a nice attitude. I know it. But I'm not gifted enough to be a nice guy and a great artist. So I chose to be the bad guy, and (hopefully) someday become the artist I wish to become.

Obvisouly this won't make me rich, because I'm ignoring all the social media game (can't care for instagram, facebook ect.. I do use twitter though). They say artists spend 50% of their time managing social medias. That's not good for me. I'd rather use 100% of time creating art.

After the quarantine, I'll probably have less time for drawing (at the moment I'm using 100% of time for art). My brother was supposed to launch a business before the covid spread, and as I'm quite experienced in the field of his business, I was supposed to help. But the quarantine delayed the launch of that business.

Hopefully it would provide some welcomed income to buy books and support some artists and models I like. It's been really difficult to pay even the basic needs these last months - I've cut meat and just use eggs for my protein intake, that's how poor I've become ha ha.

But I'm not complaining, because that's the path I've chosen - to become an artist. And a uncompromising one I should say, as I can't bear the thought of working on a comission for someone - I'd rather work on my brother's business for getting income than draw for money. Not saying it's the best way to handle the matter, but that's how I am I guess.

I've tried (and failed) miserably to read the first volume of the Sword of Truth serie by Terry Goodkin.
The reason why I started reading it is because he's known for being heavily influenced by Ayn Randt, who is an author very important for Steve Ditko (one of my comic god). So I always wanted to check her philosophy, but I really dislike her writing skill so I couldn't finish Atlas Shrugged.

So when checking wikipedia, I saw that Terry Goodkin is heavily influenced by her. I check his work, I see that there are powerfull witches, Mother confessors ect.. Great I thought ! That's gonna provide me some inspirations, as there are several bad ass female characters in my Thorus world.

But the fact is... the writing is so bad, I just can't support it ! The fact that I read the complete work of Lovecraft in english the month (now this is a real writer !) has made me more uncompromising with poor writing.

When I told a friend that I was reading Terry Goodkin, his reaction was "Why do you read that garbage ? There are much better writers in Fantasy. And it's so much contrary to your own philosophy !"

I answered him that it's precisely because it's so much different from my own philosphy that I want to read objectivits writers (As for myself, I'm much of an anarchist ha ha). One doesn't grow by reading stuffs which already fits with one's way of thinking. The reality is gray, there's no black and white, so I believe there's some truth - and some wrong - in every theorie (I told you I was not an objectivist ha ha, because an objectivist would tell you there's black and white, no gray. Well I haven't succeed yet to study deeply objectivism so I guess it's unfair to judge it).

Maybe it was the fact that I actually listened to the sword of truth instead of reading it (I need to walk at least one hour for my own health !) which made the experience so painful. I just couldnt handle it when they started the anti-communist shit. Maybe it's more bearable when reading.

So maybe I'll give it another try one day, because I'd like to understand the americain way of thinking - Ayn Randt is said to be the most influencial writer in the USA.

Well enough rambling.

Stay safe !

Comments

  1. Good to see you working on your art. I would say though that things change as you start working. I've changed the fantasy 'universe' I've been writing in a few times over the last decade, but if I just started drawing I would have had a lot more done.
    Every situation is different, but writing all 200 pages of art before you do it could restrict your art. Sometimes in the moment you have a good idea and you change it.
    Of course I'm not drawing full comics anymore, just doing short stories. So maybe I'm biased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback ! Indeed things change as time passes... It's still a struggle, but I focus more on the process. I would say that even doing a 26 pages issue is very hard !

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts